Monday, December 10, 2012

a sunbreak in the clouds

For the king trusteth in the LORD, and through the mercy of the Most High he shall not be moved.  Psalm 21:7

In this psalm, David the king celebrates who he is and how he is, but with the understanding that it all is because of the LORD, Most High.  “Joy” is an action verb, the king shall joy in Thy strength, O LORD. 

I have a friend who holds my position in the Northwest and she is simply an inspiration to me as she faces the enemies of her gladness: an unemployed husband riding the emotional waves of job application after job application, chronic back pain and a crazy workload, with peace and with the action verb of joy.

It is sunny and GORGEOUS here in the NW.  Grateful for God’s blessings: my job… sunshine… great colleagues… family… shelter… clothing… and food.  God is GOOD!

And even if the circumstances of life do sway and uplift, with the force and heartbreak of a Japanese tsunami, my heart shall not be moved, because of His great mercy.

And really, I have no tsunamis.  Just the ins and outs of a regular day, hummed through with yet another tuneless tune from my childhood: The joy of the LORD is my strength which rolls right intoHe gives me living water and I thirst no more and ends with a  Ah,  Ha Ha - Ha Ha - Ha Ha ah.

May I joy all day long.  

No comments:

Post a Comment