Monday, March 24, 2014

Not as the world gives

Happy is the man who reads this prophecy and happy are those who hear it read and pay attention to its message; for the time is near. Revelation 1:3

Well I sure wasn’t too happy yesterday sifting through a dozen commentaries. I am pretty sure that there are fewer things that make me sadder than the Church squabbling, and labeling each other “smarmy.” And yet, I sense that God wants to guide me through this Revelation, and humbly I seek His truth: But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on His own; he will speak only what He hears, and He will tell you what is yet to come.  I don’t imagine that it will all be as neat and tidy as my childhood memories with color-coded arrows tracking up and down the movements of Christ and His angels. But may I pay attention to its message.

Grace and peace be to you from Him Who is and Who was and Who is coming, from the seven Spirits before His throne, and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, first-born of the dead, and ruler of kings upon earth. To Him who loves us and has set us free from our sins through His own blood, who has made us a kingdom of priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and power for timeless ages, Amen.

Who is and Who was and Who is coming. Reaching out in all directions beyond what the mind can conceive, He offers me grace and peace. He is willing and He is ready and He is able. In this I can rest.

And first-born Jesus who loves me and has set me free, free indeed, through His own blood. No greater love than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.

And as His friend, let me do what He commands: This is what I command, that you love one another.

I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment