Monday, March 3, 2014

Splish, splash, once again overflowing

And Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, “How difficult it will be for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!”  And the disciples were amazed at His words. But Jesus said to them again, “Children, how difficult it is to enter the kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” Mark 10:23-25

I so totally get it. How hard it is to release. Of our own free volition.

And for some reason this led my thoughts to the Tower of Babel. And gave me a tiny glimpse into the heart of God that He was not afraid of what man might do, unhindered, but rather He knows that unhindered, our thoughts do not turn to Him nor truth. We get totally tangled up in the Serpent’s Lie that we are like God.  And although my heart breaks as I read of the war and rumors of war that still spin out from this confusion, it is nothing like the brokenheartedness of God when we walk away from Him sorrowfully because we have great possessions.

The brokenheartedness that made a way for each one, for with man it is impossible, but with God, all things are possible.


Tales from a Troubled Land by Alan Paton is sliding around my dashboard and needs to be returned to Wilmot Murphy Public Library.  I borrowed it for Uncle Jim over a month ago. And I remember the last time it rained in Tucson, I was returning a book to the library and God met me in the form of a weeping woman huddled up underneath the book drop slot.

And I prayed a prayer that I wouldn’t walk away the next time.


And Saturday The LORD God Almighty plastered a rainbow across the afternoon sky.


He is faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment