Monday, December 22, 2014

Sowing in the morning, sowing seeds of kindness


Those who sowed with tears will reap with songs of joy. Those who go out weeping, carrying the seed, will come again with joy, shouldering their sheaves. Psalm 126

And the guy standing on a roof in Kansas City reminds me that praising God is a verb, an action word, and his community is trying to be intentional about it all, and when someone says “Praise God,” what they mean is Tell me a story about what He is doing in your life, making Himself manifest.”

Let us silence the lies of the enemy and the fear of man, and let who God is and with what He is doing in our lives come in. Practice praise, engage in praise, make praise a verb in our lives. Because From the mouth of infants and nursing babes You have established strength, To make the enemy and the revengeful cease.

And my childhood verse and Facebook password of Rejoice in the LORD always, I say it again rejoice is very closely tied together with prayer and supplication with thanksgiving. And the prayers and praise are to be so intertwined as to be indistinguishable. Back, once again, to eucharisto. Giving thanks even as the bread is being broken. His name is hallowed before the request for daily bread and forgiveness of trespasses. From the mouths of infants and nursing babes underscores that this is not a complicated process, but rather a natural response in the created order, the restored order.

I love that Heather and Dustin are teaching Everette sign language because she even though she isn’t much of a talker she has a lot to say. May I too say much with not just words but with how I live out my day, carrying seed and shouldering my sheaves. With joy.


1 comment: