Sunday, February 12, 2017

I am willing.

Satisfy us by your loving-kindness in the morning; so shall we rejoice and be glad all the days of our life.

Five years ago I came to believe in Christ’s teaching, and my life suddenly changed...and suddenly I heard the words of Christ and understood them, and instead of despair I experienced happiness and the joy of life. –Count Leo Tolstoy

Romans 12:2 says that we "are transformed by the renewal of the mind.”
The word repentance in the Greek, the word metanoia, literally means "change mind.”
One of the major keys to every issue in my life was it needed me to repent. It needed me to stop looking at the situation from my perspective and start looking at it from God's. -Phil Drysdale

I am rereading Phil Drysdale’s Renewing Your Mind. He tackles Romans in a way that rings true with my soul and now Romans is a glorious declaration of freedom rather than my childhood perception of finger-waggling by a crabby old man. It is a celebration of the cross’s power. We are dead to sin and alive in Christ. The struggle is over.

It is finished. This is what is true.

Dear Father in heaven, grant Your Spirit to us, Your children. May something from You be revealed on earth so that divine strength and divine truth, not what is only human, are with us in all we do. Keep courage alive in our hearts even when things look dark. May powers of peace and healing be revealed through us because You are near and Your kingdom is all around us. You can do all things, also things beyond our understanding. With Your help we do what we are able, but we cannot do what You do. We trust in You, and we believe that through Your power and Your Spirit You will take possession of our whole lives and the lives of the many who sigh in their hearts for absolute truth. Amen.

And as I drove back and forth this morning, I changed the words to the song: My mind is Yours, my mind is Yours, for the making. Oh LORD.

The disciples asked Jesus, ‘Increase our faith.’ The Lord replied, ‘If you had faith like a mustard seed you could say to this mulberry tree, “Be uprooted and planted in the sea,” and it would obey you.’

Lord, increase our faith.

Take possession of my whole life. My heart. My soul. And my mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment