Sunday, February 17, 2013

Without even a memory of the stain


O Thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come. Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, thou shalt purge them away. Psalm 65:2-3

I totally get Romans 7: For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.   I long to be wise and full-of-faith and grace, and stuff just bubbles up and out.  Flesh wins, my soul loses.  

However I am forgiven.  Purge is about as strong an action verb as there is.  And its root word is “pure.”  And if He who hearest it all, knows every single black and selfish thought can see me as pure, surely who am I to hold even the tiniest grudge against my brother, ungrateful servant that I am.  

And forgive us our debts, just as we also forgive our debtors.

Purged.  pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment