Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Yep, I am reading Exodus again.

Bless the Lord, O my soul!
    Lord my God, you are very great!
You are clothed with splendor and majesty, 
covering yourself with light as with a garment.
You cause the grass to grow for the livestock
    and plants for man to cultivate, that he may bring forth food from the earth and wine to gladden the heart of man, oil to make his face shine and bread to strengthen man's heart. Psalm 104

And they ate and were satisfied. And they took up the broken pieces left over, seven baskets full. Mark 8:8

And one more time I sit snuggled in a woven blanket, at rest, watching the morning light fill the earth, shifting the shades and shape and clarity of each thing that it touches.

Dear LORD may I see Your light in the world today, at rest in the awareness, and give You glory and honor, praise and adoration.

Beautiful Savior! Lord of all the nations
Son of God and Son of Man
Glory and honor, praise, adoration
Now and forevermore be thine
Fairest Lord Jesus, ruler of all
Fairest Lord Jesus, ruler of all

You satisfy.
With full baskets left over.

And yesterday I was pretty much clinging to yesterday’s promise of taking courage, all those who wait in the LORD, and there were a bunch of way hungry and very overwhelmed moments, but He walked before me and around me and beside me step by step, and I was strong in His strength. And the kindness of His people.

And as I typed them out, literally dozens of moments of grace crammed into one single day, may I remember my full belly longer than those children of Israel. My belly full of Time Market bread and Dre's tortilla soup. 

Yep, I am reading Exodus again. On this long journey forward into His promises.

Glory and honor, praise, adoration
Now and forevermore be thine.



No comments:

Post a Comment