Thursday, May 31, 2018

Do Not Be Afraid.


He will rejoice over you with gladness;
    He will quiet you by his love. Zephaniah 3:17b

“My soul magnifies the Lord,
And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior. Luke 1:35-36

Breathe in and breathe out.
May I be heavy with You
Ripe and sweet in love.

Three years ago we made a deal with the parish priest: he would write a letter of introduction for this odd group of pilgrims, if we committed to praying “Hail Mary” every day, or three times a day.

And Matteo explained what it means to honor Mary, heavy with fullness, as she opened her life to the movement of the Spirit and carried The Creator of the Universe wherever she went.

When Judy was here, we talked about the King James translation, and the power of the word, "heavy," and in "heavy with child." and I have been reading the King James every morning since then. 

And this openness brings leaps of joy. And promises of profound heartbreak.

Then Mary said, “Behold the maidservant of the Lord! Let it be to me according to your word.”

Do not be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment