Thursday, February 27, 2020

Rest in the Wilderness.



Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30

I am laboring to find Place; wandering in the Wilderness, laden with longing.

But surely, LORD, You are my shelter, nestled under Your wing, providing Enough each day, whether it be a welcoming gesture from Teena, or a teary thank you from Leticia, or a sweet, sweet letter from my Cuban detainee. You have sent me out, two by two, with You at my side. Give me the joyous freedom I felt on pilgrimage, because what is true is that we are but pilgrims.

I confess to seeking more than the goodness and mercy You provide. Let me embrace the Present. To receive with open hands and heart and mind the moment with joy and gratitude. May I truly get off my donkey and kneel down by You along the way, embrace You and look You in the eyes.

Father, Thank you for taking away the burden of our sin because Jesus destroyed its power on the cross.

I pray that you would use me to lighten the burden of the others that you bring to my attention today, that they may know that You are good, in Jesus’ name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment