Monday, August 25, 2014

A Princess in her very own castle

Be my strong rock, a castle to keep me safe, for you are my crag and my stronghold; for the sake of your Name, lead me and guide me. Psalm 31:3

Man oh man, the Catalinas were beautiful yesterday afternoon as I drove north. Glorious and strong, reaching up high and golden in the sunset light.  And somehow every time I turn north in Tucson, my heart whispers, “I lift up mine eyes to the hills, from whence comest my strength. My strength comest from the LORD.”

Brennon Manning’s morning chapter was on the hollow life of the Pharisee who seeks to control his world through blaming, accusing and guilt-tripping. Which is a hard switch left.

I think I will deliberately turn back to the mountains and consider this prayer:  You are worthy at all times to be praised by happy voices, O Son of God, O giver of life, and to be glorified through all the worlds. Happy. Manning talks about childlike faith too. Just the simple openhearted acceptance and trust in a loving Father. Clambering around the rocks just as the stars are coming up.


He is worthy of being praised by happy voices.

No comments:

Post a Comment