Saturday, August 2, 2014

"But they won’t believe me!" said Lucy

Heal me, YAHWEH, and I shall be healed, save me and I shall be saved, for You are my praise. Jeremiah 17:14

I will call upon God, and the LORD will deliver me. In the evening, in the morning, and at the noonday, I will complain and lament, and He will hear my voice. He will bring me safely back . . . God, who is enthroned of old, will hear me. Psalm 55

Out of the depths I called to you, O LORD; LORD, hear my voice; let Your ears consider well the voice of my supplication. Psalm 130:1

“Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and long-suffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?”

Prayer: Father, thank you so much for your goodness. I pray that You would show me Your goodness to a whole new level today and that it would cause me to be transformed by the renewal of my mind.

So Jack wrote me today, and asked, “How do you know this timing is the Hand of God?”

And I have to say that the Mexicali word from God was the clearest indication: The pain you are in, it is not your fault. I am at work, even as you are here in Mexicali. Do not be afraid.

And the gift of my trip through Istanbul, Italy, France, Spain, Italy, London was God saying over and over and over: I am powerful throughout all generations, I love people that one and that one and that one, I am trustworthy even though you cannot see around the curve, I am The Healer, and Stand back and be amazed.

And even now, step by step, He is there in conversations, in Scripture, in clarity, in chance meetings that shout to His timing from the dawn of ages.

But no one except Lucy knew that as it circled the mast it had whispered to her, “Courage, dear heart,” and the voice, she felt sure, was Aslan's, and with the voice a delicious smell breathed in her face.


Aslan is on the move. He has heard my lament.

No comments:

Post a Comment