Monday, August 4, 2014

Do not dare not to dare.

Who is like the LORD our God, who sits enthroned on high, but stoops to behold the heavens and the earth? Psalm 113:5

So last night I started The Horse and His Boy, yet another of the Narnia books. And the main thing about rereading a book, is that each time you read it, you are a different person.

And the main thing about this book is that it is full of truths about Aslan on the move.

And I whisper, “Who are you?'
And He responds, “One who has waited long for you to speak.” 

As I stepped onto this pathway of wholeness, the question was, “If you can't ride, can you fall?"
"I suppose anyone can fall.”
"I mean can you fall and get up again without crying and mount again and fall again and yet not be afraid of falling?” 

And I discovered that “When things go wrong, you'll find they usually go on getting worse for some time; but when things once start going right they often go on getting better and better.”

And if I ask the question, He answers, “Child" said the Voice, "I am telling you your story, not theirs. I tell no one any story but his own.” 

And He reminds me, “I was the lion who forced you to join with Aravis. I was the cat who comforted you among the houses of the dead. I was the lion who drove the jackals from you while you slept. I was the lion who gave the horses the new strength of fear for the last mill so that you should reach King Lune in time. And I was the lion you do not remember who pushed the boat in which you lay, a child near death, so that it came to shore where a man sat, wakeful at midnight, to receive you.” 

Aslan is on the move.

And really as I look into His eyes, I can only echo Wynn the sensible mare, “Please,' she said, 'You're so beautiful. You may eat me if you like. I'd rather be eaten by you than fed by anyone else.” 









No comments:

Post a Comment