Friday, August 8, 2014

No more cursing the darkness

Look well whether there be any wickedness in me and lead me in the way that is everlasting. Psalm 139:23

One of those Facebook posters or something like that struck me a few days ago: Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate. And I am so easily distracted, especially by the Church and my brothers and sisters.

And Jesus doesn’t want us to be bashers. If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. And hating includes muttering, “Fool,” under one’s breath.

So let me choose to be a promoter and a lover, and may the rest drift away into the shadows because of my light shining. Because when that trumpet blows there is going to be a great clarification of what is important. A lot of stuff isn’t going to matter, and some of it really is.

Jesus taught us, saying: ‘Make a tree sound and its fruit will be sound; make a tree rotten and its fruit will be rotten. For the tree can be told by its fruit. You brood of vipers, how can your speech be good when you are evil? For words flow out of what fills the heart. Good people draw good things from their store of goodness; and bad people draw bad things from their store of badness. So I tell you this, that for every unfounded word people utter they will answer on Judgment Day, since it is by your words you will be justified, and by your words condemned. Matthew 12:33–37


This little light of mine, I ‘m gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment