Saturday, August 23, 2014

The mercy that comes thundering O'er the waters of my soul


Do not be afraid, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. You are precious in my eyes because I have honored you and I love you…The mountains may depart, the hills may be shaken, but my love for you will never leave you and my covenant of peace will never be shaken. Isaiah 43:1, 4, Isaiah 54:10
Repent and believe in the gospel, Jesus says. Turn around and believe the good news that we are loved is better than we ever dared hope, and to believe in that good news, to live out of it and toward it, to be in love with that good news, is of all glad things in this world the gladdest thing of all. Amen and come Lord Jesus. Frederick Buechner
It’s funny that in all of this quiet I have no words. Hour after hour I am quiet. I can hear the traffic on Broadway because the back door is open, but other than that, it has been twelve hours and lots of cups of water and nothing else particularly. Just quiet.
God is asking of me, the unworthy, to forget my unworthiness and that of my brothers and dare to advance in the love which has redeemed and renewed us all in God’s likeness. And to laugh, after all, at the preposterous ideas of ‘worthiness.” Thomas Merton



.

No comments:

Post a Comment