Thursday, August 7, 2014

With a Venetian glass rosary dangling from my neck

Let the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; let them be merry and joyful. Psalm 68:3

Sing to the LORD a new song, for He has done marvelous things. Psalm 98:1

Blessed be the Lord, for He has visited His people, He has set them free, and He has established for us a saving power in the House of His servants, just as He proclaimed, by the mouth of His holy prophets. Luke 1:68–70

And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This He set aside, nailing it to the cross. He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in Jesus Christ.  
Colossians 2:11-15

Prayer: I pray that you would help me today to stop fighting and striving against the enemy and instead stand firm in who you are and what you have done, that I would be confident of Christ in me who fights my battles for me.

It is really about time to start living in what is true. God is at work. I am to stand back and be amazed. And to be filled with peace, nay even joy at what He is doing.

Phil Drysdale reflects on the amour of Ephesians 6: What about Ephesians 6? We have to put on our spiritual armor and fight right? Well no actually. We are told to put on our spiritual armor and stand. We are to withstand the enemy, standing and having done all we can to stand we must… stand.

Where did we get fight from?

In fact even the items of armor are not things we earn but rather are free gifts. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, salvation, the Word of God – all these things are Jesus, they are a gift to us and He fights our fight for us. In fact He already has. He’s simply enforcing the result.”

And when things get a little bloody from all of those Satan darts, and my thinking turns awry, I have been turning to the Lord’s Prayer:
Your will be done
Help me through this day
May I forgive as you have forgiven
Deliver me from the lies of the evil one
Yours is the glory forever.


Free, free indeed. Thank God Almighty, I am free indeed.

He is doing marvelous things.


No comments:

Post a Comment