Wednesday, October 22, 2014

He gives me living water, I will thirst no more.


He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His hand. Psalm 95:7
Hear my prayer, O God; do not hide Yourself from my petition. Listen to me and answer me. Psalm 55:1-2
O God, you know my foolishness, and my faults are not hidden from you. Answer me, O LORD, for Your love is kind; in Your great compassion, turn to me. Psalm 69:6
So I started a fast yesterday for this very reason, the my foolishness and the our foolishness of we His sheep. To lay my self and to lay our selves before Him and humbly seek His face.
And it is great comfort to know that He answers not because of our good deeds or obedience or anything about our deservedness other than we are His sheep, and He is kind and compassionate.
And last night when the darkness piled in I pictured being guided through green pastures and by still waters with my Shepherd, and I shall not want. He restores my soul. Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For He is with me. He anointeth my head with oil. My cup runneth over. His rod and His staff, they comfort me. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in His house forever.
And in that I can rest. Be still, then, and know that I am God.
Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment