Wednesday, October 8, 2014

And the things of earth will grow strangely dim


Fix my eyes on You.

Let us give thanks to the LORD for His mercy and the wonders He does for His children.
For He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things. Psalm 107:8-9

It is not easy. But it is grace to be able to pause in this silent wilderness to reflect. I pray LORD that I might receive Your purposes for this season, to be open to You Who Know My Innermost Thoughts. Let me give thanks.

I have been hungry and thirsty for so long. And here you are spreading the table before me. Take, eat, that I may understand. What are the consequences of my sinful decisions to the hurts of life? Let me give thanks.

What murky almost-dried-up cisterns have I been drinking from? What dwarfish blindness has turned Your feasts into mere stable scraps? How have my desires been damaged? Let me give thanks.

You are asking me this one question: Do you trust My love for you? In the depths of my being, stripping away all of the theological claptrap can I answer Yes? I know that even yesterday my heart raged as I felt like someone was patting my hand with platitudes. Let me give thanks.

Just one coin in my pocket
One coin to my name
Going to drop it in the offering box
Going to lay it on the throne of grace.

To sit at Your feet
And feel Your love for me
To listen to You speak
To know Your will for me.

I wanna stare into Your eyes
And see the love You have for me.

Your eyes that notice even a sparrow’s fall, are fixed on me.
Fix my eyes on You.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment