Thursday, October 2, 2014

My heart shall choose to sing


My God whose ways and thoughts are higher than my ways and thoughts

What I desire: …His greater glory

…the refusal to pretend, to lie, or to allow others to believe we are something we are not…Spirituality is about trusting God in our unfinishedness… --Mike Yaconelli

…to follow God’s faintest whisper…is a life and power that can break forth in this tottering Western culture and return the Church to the rightful life as a fellowship of creative, heaven-led souls. –Thomas Kelly

Do with me whatever it shall please Thee. If it be Thy will I should be in darkness, be Thou blessed. And if it be Thy will I should be in light, be Thou again blessed. –Thomas á Kempis

Man, I wish this was my immediate response: Blessed be the name of the LORD.

Remaining under. Under His grace. In trust. Floating, not flailing.

Gratitude before the miracle.

Is the Son of God nauseated by the stench of twelve years of soaked menstrual cloths when He speaks tenderly to the bleeding woman? Is He repelled by the crazed eyes, the foul talk, or bad breath of the demon-possessed man? Staggeringly doesn’t even Beauty Himself become ugly-beautiful? The God of the Mount of Transfiguration cannot cease His work of transfiguring moments–making all that is dark, evil, empty into that which is all light, grace, full. -Ann Voskamp


It is a good thing to give thanks to the LORD, and to sing praises to Your name. To tell of Your lovingkindness early in the morning and of Your faithfulness in the night season. Psalm 92:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment