Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Out of the dark, tender life unfurls


My God whose ways and thoughts are higher than my ways and thoughts.

Why do you call me Lord, Lord and do not do what I say? Luke 6:46

What I desire: To live before God with true freedom.

Ignatius understands “indifference” to be the condition of balance, equilibrium, equipoise, unbiased, unprejudiced, and without partiality. He doesn’t us to simply leave something behind, but find something–the person of Jesus Christ. Indifference means we are so consumed by love of Christ (which is actually Christ’s love for us) that we are free of all else.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face.
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace.

One of the biggest things, or perhaps The Thing of the past two months, has been this peeling off of the Eustace dragon-hide layers. With the hope that it will leave me very tender to those still stirrings in my heart that I have come to recognize as His voice.

And in this time of deafening silence, my very ears are ringing with the quiet, may I be deaf to The Other Voices and mute to my desires and only looking full in His wonderful face.

Yes, and emptiness itself can birth the fullness of grace because in the emptiness we have the opportunity to turn to God, the only begetter of grace, and there find all the fullness of joy.

Yes, Father, You long to transfigure all,n o matter how long it takes. You long to transfigure all.

Because eucharisteo is how Jesus, at the Last Supper, showed us how to transfigure all things–take the pain that is given, give thanks for it, and transform it into a joy that fulfills all emptiness.  -Voskamp


No comments:

Post a Comment