Saturday, January 31, 2015

A powerful dragon crying its eyes out under the moon in a deserted valley is a sight and a sound hardly to be imagined.



To You I lift up my eyes, to You enthroned in the heavens. As the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters, and the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, So my eyes look to the LORD our God, until he shows me His mercy. Psalm 123:1–3

Jesus said: “Whatever you ask in my name I will do, so that the Father may be glorified by the Son. If you ask me for anything in my name, I will do it.” John 14:13–14

So this morning I got another email from Matteo declaring the huge healing in his father. Not just healing from the terrible car accident, but his heart and soul are healing as well. He is a new man, just as we asked, in His name.

And two days ago I got a message from the guy who found us on el Camino, as the road wended high, to tell us that he too had been healed when I knelt on the pavement and prayed in the name of Jesus. And he walked part of the Camino himself, and wrote: “ha sido algo inolvidable por las experiencias vividas.”

And today is my fasting day, as I bring loved ones before the throne of grace, before the all-powerful loving One. And I am going to a Power and Love conference today to hear Todd White talk about sharing God’s love. And I don’t think today’s verses are some grand coincidence. But a promise to unfold even today.

So it is one of those moments, where I am about to stand on the edge of the pool, strip off my parka and plunge into the icy water for refreshment of the soul.

Nay, not refreshment.

Renewing.

Made new. 

And once again, I turn to Lewis and Narnia. And Eustace in his knobbly dragon hide in the presence of Aslan the King.

“Well, he peeled the beastly stuff right off – just as I thought I’d done it myself the other three times, only they hadn’t hurt – and there it was lying on the grass, only ever so much thicker, and darker, and more knobbly-looking than the others had been. And there was I smooth and soft as a peeled switch and smaller than I had been. Then he caught hold of me – I didn’t like that much for I was very tender underneath now that I’d no skin on — and threw me into the water. It smarted like anything but only for a moment. After that it became perfectly delicious and as soon as I started swimming and splashing I found that all the pain had gone.”

Whatever.

May it be so.

Then she approached and touched the tip of the scepter. And the King said to her, “What is it, my child? What is your request? It shall be given you, even to the half of my kingdom.”

Heal my broken heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment