Friday, January 9, 2015

Yet one more time, the expresso pot is bubbling


Gladden the soul of Your servant, for to You, O LORD, I lift up my soul. Psalm 86:4

Jesus taught us, saying: “Do not worry; do not say, ‘What are we to eat? What are we to drink? What are we to wear?’ It is the gentiles who set their hearts on all these things. Your heavenly Father knows you need them all. Set your hearts on His kingdom first, and on God’s saving justice, and all these other things will be given you as well.” Matthew 6:31–33

Wow. Saving justice.

And a friend wrote me and said that this is what she was praying for me all day yesterday, which was a rough day, full of anxious thoughts:
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the Everlasting God,
  the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary,
  and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary
  and increases the power of the weak. -Isaiah 40:28-29

May I set my heart on His saving justice and be anxious for nothing.

So be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment