Saturday, January 31, 2015

The BE attitudes


Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

O LORD, you have dealt graciously with your servant, according to Your word. Teach me discernment and knowledge, for I have believed in Your commandments. Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep Your word. You are good and You bring forth good; instruct me in Your statutes. It is good for me that I have been afflicted, that I might learn Your statutes. The law of Your mouth is dearer to me than thousands in gold and silver. Psalm 119:65–72

And the Voice tells me, All this pain is for you to grow into a deeper relationship with Me.

And from the very beginning, this journey that began in the dust of Mexicali, the pain was addressed. You know this pain that you are in? It’s not your fault. And I think of when the disciples asked Jesus what was the point of the man’s blindness? Was it his fault or his parents? Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him.”

May it be so, LORD God Almighty.

Todd White. Todd White is a guy with big fat dreds and a story. But the thing about Todd is walking it out. Living it out in actions so that we might hear His words of truth.

And you kind of wonder if this is what it was like when people flocked to the River Jordan to hear John the Baptist. This rapid fire stream of consciousness of humble and gentle truth of what it looks like to be absolutely full of the Spirit. An overflowing spring.

God wants everyone made whole.

The BE attitudes. Hunger and thirst for righteousness. I do not need to be affirmed by anything beyond my identity in God. I need to diffuse the knowledge of the fragrance of God. I need God when and where no one is looking, in quiet where the Holy Spirit reveals and says who I am.

May I rest in this place of poor in Spirit, of a place of humility, a full-time follower of Christ. Trials produces perseverance. When trials come, we are not supposed to complain. We have to know who we are, even in the midst of trial: I am a child of the King. I have to walk it out so they can see and believe. By my fruit. The love of God is where our roots sink. Our love for another does not depend on them.

Set your mind on things above, and not of the earth. Relook at the situation. Your mind being transformed and renewed to see His plan from the beginning. We have to be completely overwhelmed by His plan. I don’t live for Jesus; it is Christ in me, who I am. You have put on the new man, Christ is all and in all. Forgiving one another, even as Christ has forgiven you; this you MUST do.

If I think like a man, I will always fall short. I have to start and finish each day with His love. Rest doesn’t come from sleep or vacation or retreat.

All ye who are weary, come unto Me.

Your joy comes from your salvation. The God of peace wants to sanctify me completely, mind, body, soul, spirit. Living in freedom of guilt or condemnation brings rest. It is finished.

I need to be free from me. No one can take away from me if I know who I am. You get to God through His work; it is about being, not doing. Not striving. What if you believed that you have been forgiven. Never revisiting it again.

That I will stand in the place that You called me to be; that I will be the child You called me to be. Let the simplicity of the cross hit my heart; rip out fear. Cut out whatever comes before You. Rip out the need to be seen by people. Replace it with the reality of Your love. Make us people poor in Spirit. His thoughts are higher than our thoughts, give me the mind of Christ. May I be strengthened in my inner man, according to His good pleasure.

Jesus we thank You. Holy Spirit reveal what needs to be yanked out, and give us the grace to walk it out. Have Your way that I might look like You. My heart cries out, my flesh cries out. I hunger for You.

Let me walk as a child of God. In Jesus’ name.



No comments:

Post a Comment