Saturday, January 31, 2015

Transfigured from dragonish thinking.



And He awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. Mark 3:39

And yesterday was full. But different. The same, but different.

And check, check, check through the list and driving up and down Speedway. Shaun to Desert. Job interview. Conference. Prayer gathering. Funeral. Fry’s. Cooking dinner for eight. Bread. Stew. Pick veggies from the garden. Write a card. Housewarming. Dinner. Push the dishwasher button on.

The same, but different.

And Todd again and again spoke what is true.

If you have a problem with a person, you are the one with the problem. Remember Jesus with his arms outspread: Father forgive them for they know not what they do. He did not come into the world to condemn the world, but to save it. You cannot allow hurt to bind you. There is no justification at all for the ungrateful servant.

Wisdom is “proved right” by her actions. All the accusations and rationales and human reasoning. But wisdom from above is generous kindness forgiveness.

Wonder if people weren’t your problem anymore?

Go to the secret place. When no one is looking, is being strengthened in your inner man. Patience isn’t grown except through trials. And patience is the first thing love is: Love is patient, love is kind.

I am being transformed into the very image of whom He created in the beginning. Instead of walking by me, He now walks within me. Love of God brings repentance. Love always hopes for the best.

Imagine living without offense.

Selfish: I can’t believe you did that to me. Selfless: you don’t know who you are.

He did not create me to need love, He created me to love unconditionally. Pounding out what is true, why I was created. What is the point of it all.

 He created me to be like Jesus. He created me to thirst and hunger for righteousness. He created me to have a pure heart so I can see Him. Not to be hurt by other people. A new heart to know Him. Knowledge of Him is not the Scriptures I have memorized, but the Scriptures I have walked out.

If God is my defense, no one can stand against me. Christ in me is the hope of glory. I am not supposed to be heartsick, but hope filled. Poor in Spirit, that is where is the kingdom of God. Bearing fruit according to our convictions.

You do not want to rebel against intimacy. You were created for intimacy with the Living God. Faith comes from hearing the Word of God, and remaining teachable. Show me who You created me to be.

This is where my soul longs to be. He has calmed the storm that raged within me.

Do not be conformed to this world, but rather be transformed by the renewing of your mind so you can prove the will of God. And Todd was excited to discover that Paul's word for "transformed" is the exact same word as "transfigured," as in "Jesus' face shone like the sun. "

May I be transfigured like Jesus, that I may shine the light of the world. I need to bring every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. Love those who can’t love you back, give to those who can’t give back.

Walking it out. End your day with a thankful heart and start your day with a thankful heart. Do not grow weary in doing good. Walking it out. God is at work.

But peace within. The cracks have been healed. Now for the quiet place. To fill up the clay jar so that it may overflow to a waiting and thirsty world.

And Lewis of course reminds me of what is likely to be true, because It would be nice and fairly nearly true, to say that 'from that time forth, Eustace was a different boy.' To be strictly accurate, he began to be a different boy. He had relapses. There were still many days when he could be very tiresome. But most of those I shall not notice. The cure had begun.

The cure has begun.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment