Wednesday, April 2, 2014

His love is new every morning

“To the one who is victorious, who carries out my work to the end... I will give him the honour of sitting beside me on my throne, just as I myself have won the victory and have taken my seat beside my Father on his throne. Let the listener hear what the Spirit says to the Churches.” Revelation 3:22

The letters to the Churches are intended as both a clarification and encouragement in the face of difficulties and confusion. And over and over again words of the Holy One Who Is True are “I know you. I know both your triumphs and your weaknesses. Remain firm. Remain focused on what is of value and refuse to be sidetracked. Endure and you will be victorious.”

But what is even more important is the reminder over and over again, that He is victorious. The battle has been won. It is finished.

And this fills me with courage as each day I kneel down this morning and take up my cross, and follow Him.

Let the listener hear what the Spirit says to the Churches.

No comments:

Post a Comment