Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Adjusting the shoulder straps

Now therefore fear the Lord and serve him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt. Joshua 22:14

Doublemindedness. Not utterly driving out the Enemy. The leeks and onions of Egypt. Glancing back at a flaming Sodom.

And our unfaithfulness does not impact the Holy One. He is.

But just as a father has compassion on his children, So the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him. For He knows how weak we are; He remembers we are only dust.

And our distracted service, well we are the ones who our driven and tossed on the waves, Salt water up my nose is just not nice at all.


Thus, once again, as I zip zippers and sling up the assorted bags, flip off the light switches and head out the front door, let me once again echo Mr. Joshua: But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment