Sunday, August 10, 2014

Double, double, toil and trouble

August 10, 2014

I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 1 Corinthians 15:10

Yet not I.

It is not about me toiling and striving to improving my world: the relationships, the situations, or even myself. It is very clear that I have done a flat-out lousy job of that over the years.

It is about me throwing out the lies that so entangle me and pressing into the truth that I am a beloved child of God. And the biggest and fattest lie is that it is about me and my work, when it is really all about Him who is at work in me. I am not God.

And, well, I think it is very useful to face this lie that I have believed and confess how I have acted from this lie, and repent and release those areas of my life to His loving Spirit, I can do this from a position of safety and peace, from His arms, from His grace.

And the truth is that it is He who produces the fruit that endures, and my only job is to be a willing branch on his vine, soaking up the sun and rain, and opening myself up to his pulsing life. This is the life of My yoke is easy and My burden is light.  I am at rest in His faithfulness and power. And most of all His-leaving-the-ninety-and-nine love.

Stand back and be amazed.

Prayer:
Thank you Jesus that you said that your burden is light and your yoke is easy.
Help me to experience that. Help me to evaluate my day-to-day life and spot the areas which are not light and easy. Help me give back to you what I have taken upon myself. 

Help me to recognize that fruit is not my responsibility but it’s yours and you have only given me one responsibility: to listen to your voice and believe, to embrace that gift of faith which comes from hearing.


Excerpt From: Phil Drysdale. “Renew Your Mind in 30 Days.” iBooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment