Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I lift my eyes to the hills, again


We have escaped like a bird from the snare of the fowlers; the snare is broken, and we have escaped! Psalm 124:7

  Sometimes I feel trapped, flopping helplessly, bound with tight strands and no hope of escape. 

Sometimes?

My help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

Are You able to save?
I am able.
Are You willing to save?
I am willing.

How long Oh LORD? How long?
Am I trapped by circumstances or relationships, beyond my being?

Or rather am I trapped by my fear?  My sense of hopelessness? My cowardice?
Looking to outside horses and chariots?

To You I lift up my eyes,
    O You who are enthroned in the heavens!
Behold, as the eyes of servants
    look to the hand of their master,
as the eyes of a maidservant
    to the hand of her mistress,
so our eyes look to the Lord our God,
    till He has mercy upon us. Psalm 123:1-3

I gotta say, if this is where You want me, this is where I am.  With no outside encouragement or resources, creativity or logic.  Stripped and naked.  Kneeling before Your love.  

I remember this moment, so many years ago.  Violently ill.  Alone.  Not even two centavos to my name.  I wish I remembered the provisions from Your hand.  I do not.  But I remember that You were able and willing.  Are you ready? 

Have mercy on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment