Saturday, April 20, 2013

Longing to splash in the fountain



Tremble, thou earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob; Which turned the rock into a standing water, the flint into a fountain of waters. Psalm 114:7-8

A fresh Spirit is blowing, a Spirit of dreaming dreams and seeing visions.  Aslan is on the move.  And while, as the prophet Joel declares, it is a time of unspeakable horrors, it is also a time of repentance, of hearts turning to the LORD our God and Maker in repentance.  The earth is trembling at His presence and revealed power. And rightfully so.  

The question for me: Is not is He able? But rather does He indeed reach down into my dusty world.  Thus the rock gushing pools of water, even flint, the substance so much an anti-theoretical hard that to strike it creates sparks, becomes a flowing fountain is the boldest promise.  

Signs and wonders are not to be pounded into walls of doctrine.  Rather they are declarations of His love.  His humility.  His love wrapped in humility.  Just as the swaddled Everette.  

As I wander the Los Angeles airport I marvel at the number of clutched children trundling after a hurrying mother.  Straddled on a father’s shoulders.  Children are the human experience.  And each and every one is a testimony of The wait.  The pain.  The marvel that is Life. 

Thus I can draw a line in my dust.  In my dunghill.  And invite Him in to work His wonders.  I will sing How long because I am a human bound in time.  It is my nature.  But let me declare with joy and confidence, Welcome LORD, may Your presence be manifest.  For all to see and know.  

For Your honor and glory.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment