Thursday, May 1, 2014

May the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, Oh LORD.

LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.


The LORD looks down from heaven, and beholds all the people in the world. From where He sits enthroned He turns His gaze on all who dwell on the earth. He fashions all the hearts of them and understands all their works. There is no king that can be saved by a mighty army; a strong man is not delivered by His great strength. The horse is a vain hope for deliverance; for all its strength it cannot save. Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon those who fear him on those who wait upon His love, To pluck their lives from death, and to feed them in time of famine. Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield. Indeed, our heart rejoices in Him, for in His holy Name we put our trust. Let your lovingkindness, O LORD, be upon us, as we have put our trust in You. Psalm 33:13-22


The Lord’s Prayer

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be your Name. May your kingdom come, and your will be done, on earth as in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil; for yours are the kingdom and the power and the glory forever and ever. Amen.


The Prayer Appointed for the Week

Almighty God, you have surrounded me with a great cloud of witnesses: Grant that I too may persevere in running the race that is set before me, until at last I may with him attain to your eternal joy; through Jesus Christ, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.


The Concluding Prayer of the Church

Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought me in safety to this new day: Preserve me with your mighty power, that I may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all I do direct me to the fulfilling of your purpose; through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.



And in all I do direct me to the fulfilling of your purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment