Monday, May 5, 2014

I cried unto the LORD with my voice

He stores up sound wisdom for the upright;
    He is a shield to those who walk in integrity,
guarding the paths of justice
    and watching over the way of His saints.
Then you will understand righteousness and justice
    and equity, every good path;
for wisdom will come into your heart,
    and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.  Proverbs 2:7-10

Normally I crash like a dead person into bed. But sometimes, I don’t.  Like sometimes a late night phone call will trigger the murmuring. Like last night for instance.  When I very desperately needed every single drop of sleep. And in an odd blend of spiritual discipline and cognitive behaviorism, I repeat the twenty-third psalm, down, down into His restoration.

And this is Who He Is. A shield. Dear LORD God, My Shepherd, You are my shield against the fiery darts of doubt and weariness. I do not even need to ask because this is Your very character.

However, this I do ask: May I walk in integrity today. May I understand righteousness and justice and equity, and walk upright in every good path. And may Your knowledge be pleasant to my soul. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.


My Glory and the Lifter of my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment