Thursday, November 6, 2014

And across the light years, the stars twinkle hope as well


My heart is firmly fixed, O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and make melody.
Wake up, my spirit; awake lute and harp; I myself will waken the dawn.  Psalm 57:7-8

A full moon shone bright in the dawn shades of blueblack as I stepped outside. And perhaps more than any other thing, since Tucson lacks the crocus peeping up through the mulching oak leaves moment, the full moon tells my soul to rest and wait; God is at work in His time, in His season, silently yet steadily. Suddenly I look up and there it is, glowing round and full, full of hope and beauty.

And really, I couldn’t muster any melody or lute songs this morning.  But I could catch His whisper: Cast your burden upon Me, and I will sustain you. Psalm 55:24



No comments:

Post a Comment