Sunday, November 9, 2014

the finding was all the sweeter for the long seeking



Deep calls to deep in the roar of Your waterfalls; All Your waves and breakers have swept over me. By day the LORD directs His love; at night His song is with me–a prayer to the God of my life. Psalm 42:7-8



Last night I sat and stared at a poster of Argentinian waterfalls on the wall of Adriana and Robert’s home and tried to glue it into my soul.







In the course of their journey he came to a village, and a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. She had a sister called Mary, who sat down at the Lord’s feet and listened to him speaking. Now Martha, who was distracted with serving, came to him and said, ‘Lord, do you not care that my sister is leaving me to do all the serving by myself? Please tell her to help me.’ But the Lord answered, ‘Martha, Martha,’ he said, ‘you worry and fret about so many things, and yet few are needed, indeed only one. It is Mary who has chosen the better part, and it is not to be taken from her.’ Luke 10:38-42



And lately everyone in my life has made darn sure that I am not distracted by serving, but I can clearly hear my Lord saying, “Christy, Christy, you worry and fret about so many things.”  And mostly what I am worried about is me. And what I long for is sit at His feet, To stare into His eyes, And see the love He has for me. Put my head upon His shoulders, And feel the love He has for me.



Come near to the holy men and women of the past and you will soon feel the heat of their desire after God. They mourned for Him, they prayed and wrestled and sought for Him day and night, in season and out, and when they had found Him the finding was all the sweeter for the long seeking. A. W. Tozer



And let the heat of my desire be after God. That my prayers and wrestling and seeking will be for Him day and night, in season and out. That His waves and breakers may sweep over me, By day the LORD directs His love; at night His song is with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment