Thursday, November 20, 2014

Ya basta.


Come, let us bow down, and bend the knee, and kneel before the LORD our Maker. For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His hand. Psalm 95:6-7

So I have told the Camino story to my ninth graders twice this week as a lead into our next step in the Hero Journey begun by Odysseus, spurred on by a couple of emails from Antonio, the guy who threw his crutches down and ran across to kneel in the road. 



And there was a lot of kneeling in that most transformational of days, passing through the abyss of self and into His love. Kneeling in the back of the humble parish church, kneeling by a park bench outside the café shop, kneeling in the plaza outside the big cathedral and this kneeling in the middle of a mountain highway, seeking wisdom and truth for the next step.

And yesterday afternoon Shelly demonstrated the love of the Shepherd God who reaches out His hands to both sides of my face and holds my squirmy self still. Look at Me. Stop. Listen. Enough. Basta.

Come, let me bow down, and bend the knee, and kneel before the LORD my Maker.

Selah.


No comments:

Post a Comment