Wednesday, November 26, 2014

With my whole heart I seek you




The Call to Prayer
Taste and see that the LORD is good; happy are they who trust in Him! Psalm 34:8

The Request for Presence
Gladden the soul of Your servant, for to You, O LORD, I lift up my soul. Psalm 86:4

With my whole heart, with no rag tag remnants of self-pity or murmuring or finger pointing. Jesus is flat out clear: And When you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.

Anyone.

That pretty much covers it.

And then, and only then, can we step into the feast, the grand table spread out for me, with extra whip cream and caramelized pecans, and just maybe a glass of swirling red wine of gladness.

And Matt Redman’s song swept me through the endless sprint workout this morning, just as the morning light edged up against the blue black night:
The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes

Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger
Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find

Joy comes in the mourning.
The upside down gospel.

Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find.


No comments:

Post a Comment