Sunday, November 30, 2014

Humble yourself in the sight of the LORD

Hallelujah! I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, in the congregation. Psalm 111:1

With my whole heart, no qualifiers or second-guessers or distracting accusations. My whole heart. And we are the upright because You are our father, and we are your children. And we have been washed whiter than snow.

And may my heart rejoice and be glad as we congregate together to honor You, our LORD and God. Together, undivided into factions and denominations and red and blue parties and different sides of the (barbed wire) fence.

Then He looked me in the eye and said, "Now go and learn the meaning of this Scripture: 'I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices.' For I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners."


And may I offer my sacrifices of praise with a clean heart, holding nothing against my brother or sister. For it is indeed a sobering judgment to ask the LORD God who sees into all of the dark corners and closet spaces of my heart to Forgive me my sins just as I have forgiven those who have sinned against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment