Monday, November 3, 2014

A day known by Him since the beginning of time




This new day You give to me
From Your great eternity
This new day now enfold
Me in Your loving hold

But as for me, this is my prayer to You, at the time You have set, O LORD: “In Your great mercy, O God, answer me with Your unfailing help. Answer me, O LORD, for Your love is kind; in Your great compassion, turn to me.” Psalm 69:14/18

Give us today our daily bread.

Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought me in safety to this new day: Preserve me with your mighty power, that I may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all I do direct me to the fulfilling of your purpose; through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.

Last night, as I settled onto my quite-hard-as-plywood bed, a huge peace enfolded me. Over and over, throughout the so-very-full day, God had spoken to me with clarity and consistency: break every chain. The time is now. I am at work even now.



And the story ended with me high up on the Rock, sturdily embedded in the middle of the huge hilly field overlooking the sea. Much like the scene from coastal Spain that serves as my desktop background. Except in this story, my Lord Jesus sits next to me, His arm comfortably around my shoulders as we watch the crashing waves below. And the word from the prophet asked for wisdom for today, wisdom as deep and true as the ocean, His wisdom.

And may this wisdom fill me to overflowing today, as I walk into His perfect timing: But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.  And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment