Thursday, January 9, 2014

La verdad sigue siendo la verdad. Mahatma Gandhi

Religion that is pure and genuine in the sight of God the Father will show itself by such things as visiting orphans and widows in their distress and keeping oneself uncontaminated by the world. James 1:27

Well, I think Uncle Jim counts as a widow and orphan. Check. He is certainly alone and distressed. Check. But James sort of whips out a btw, keeping oneself uncontaminated by the world.

And on one hand, I feel pummeled by the world. Distractions splattering my windshield like so much bird droppings. At a hundred miles an hour down some unmarked highway.

And yet, sometimes not so much. Sometimes I feel like I am on this lonely little spinning planet jumping up and down shouting, “Over here, over here.  Here is the sweet spot.”

Come join me. Let us do this together.

But mostly, my heart is for my kiddos. They are the ones that I so want to bring further in and farther up. Dear ones, do not settle for barely enough. Remember the words of the Father: My child, you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 


And LORD, today may I shine with the joy that comes from You alone. That they might stand back, pause and consider what is what. Pure and genuine. And brings true happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment