Sunday, January 5, 2014

Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life

But he must ask in sincere faith without secret doubts as to whether he really wants God’s help or not. The man who trusts God, but with inward reservations, is like a wave of the sea, carried forward by the wind one moment and driven back the next. That sort of man cannot hope to receive anything from God, and the life of a man of divided loyalty will reveal instability at every turn. James 1: 7-8

This is my prayer for this year. An undivided loyalty. And yes, as I look through my prayer journal, yes, this is the sort of thing that I have been praying for many years: Be my strength and wisdom for this day. Everything I do or say should be done to obey Jesus my Lord. That the joy of the LORD will be my strength as I fix my eyes on You and Your faithfulness- My Rock and My Redeemer.  I will not lean on my own strength and understanding, but in all my ways I will acknowledge you and have a heart of thanksgiving and be filled with Your wisdom and grace. Let everyone see that I am gentle and joyful and thankful in all that I say and do.  Let my life be one of no compromise. I pray that I will be a light to the nations as He declares new things.  That sort of thing.

But may I step further in and farther up. Abidance, Hupomeno. Remaining under. Not the sort of barely keeping my nose above water sputtering salt water remaining under. But rather the Costa Rican snorkeling below the waves remaining under. Drifting amongst the surpassing comprehension vividly colored swaying beauties from His hand remaining under.


Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment