Monday, January 20, 2014

Soft enough to love the least of these, even Me

Do you imagine that this spirit of passionate jealousy is the Spirit he has caused to live in us? No, he gives us grace potent enough to meet this and every other evil spirit, if we are humble enough to receive it. James 4:4-5

Potent grace. Powerful and sufficient. If we are humble enough to receive it. Releasing the I can do it, or most likely the I have to do it on my own, and open my heart and mind and soul to receive His gift, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. To walk in complete freedom, freedom from the oppression of fear or lust or doubt or anger or weariness or rejection.

Because this is holy ground. Me. Because somehow the Great I AM has chosen to make His abode in me, this simple clay vessel. 

But now, O Lord, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand. Isaiah 64:8


Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment