Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Well, at least I found a YouTube of a great Hunger Games quote, whew.

Don’t aim at adding to the number of teachers, my brothers, I beg you! Remember that we who are teachers will be judged by a much higher standard. James 3:1

Well, I certainly take this verse seriously. It pretty much haunts me. And I am very capable of noticing all of the ways I sort of biff it every day. The missed moments.  The careless word. The shy hesitation and all is lost. And I pretty much obsess about each of my lessons, polishing them, honing them into little works of pithy beauty. But I never really nail it. And it is darn tootin’ that the kiddos are not even a bit aware of all those pretty cha ching clever details.

James goes on to say: We all make mistakes in all kinds of ways, but the man who can claim that he never says the wrong thing can consider himself perfect, for if he can control his tongue he can control every other part of his personality! 

Really my only hope for controlling my tongue is setting my heart. To set my heart on things of eternal value.  Burning away all of the rest. For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart.

So dear LORD, fill my heart.

Come quench this thirsting
LORD I am ready
Here I am
Here I am waiting
Come fill my heart
Come fill my heart
You are the only
You are the only
Who can fill
One who can fill me
Here I am waiting
Come fill my heart.


Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment