Wednesday, March 28, 2012

GOOD


As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good.”  Genesis 50:20

 So I am teaching Sunday School for first and second graders today.  The regular teacher called in sick, and I will be teaching about Joseph and how he is the best kind of Super Hero because he understood that God knows the best, even when he was going through the worst of the worst.  And it's nice that I have Alan's picture to talk my way through his life.

And then we are all going to practice making a GOOD choice when things are hard:  
Go to God
Open your heart
Opportunity to bless
Depend on God

And I say the letter, and the kids stand to their feet and shout out the response, until they really, really know it, and it becomes an automatic response.  

And then they will each have five felt stepping stones and five G.O.O.D cards and five react cards.  And I describe something bad happening, and they will have to choose a G.O.O.D card or a react card to represent how they would respond.  

And before snack, the children need to wash their hands or wipe them with hand wipes. I am to use the time to check in with students, and allow for their stories that don’t necessarily relate to the topic.

And then we conclude by praying that we will used each day to run the GOOD race.  And then their parents pick them up and I am to try and give positive feedback about how their child did and let them know at least one thing about the lesson they can use as a conversation point with their child at a later time.  If any issue needs to be addressed, I am to let the parent know in a gentle, constructive manner.  It would also be great to let the parents know that I’ll be praying for their child during the week.

And this is what they mean when they say All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten.  

No comments:

Post a Comment