Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pretty Muddled


The LORD brings the will of the nations to naught; He thwarts the designs of the peoples. But the LORD’s will stands fast for ever, and the designs of His heart from age to age.  Psalm 33:10,11

I guess that I am not much of a philosopher.  I mean I think I “love wisdom,” but I don’t much appreciate the fine-as-a-hair parsing of words; it seems to be much ado about nothing to avoid actually living life.  So reading even the briefest of summaries of free will and determinism then causal determinism, near-determinism and logical determinism makes my eyes swirl.  Really, this is how we are supposed to spend our time? 

It really doesn’t affect what I do when I get up in the morning, these semantics.  But I do know that I am a muddled soul, doing what I don’t want to do, trapped in this body of sin, and I am grateful for a God who thwarts my small designs.  I have no doubt that I am held accountable for my careless and selfish ways and I certainly face natural consequences for my actions on a daily basis.  I think that a lot of joy is loss or unexperienced because of my disobedience.

The older I get, and in theory the wiser I get, the more I know that I do not understand how it all fits together.  He is too big for me to wrap my brain around.  What is True will be revealed in the end, and all shall be made clear.  I am pretty sure that this involves every knee bowing and every tongue confessing that Jesus Christ is Lord.  The muddle will be cleared up.    

Until then, I will rest with Mr. Paul, and say I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This is His will.  Glory to God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment